ALTEN Sweden will by 2030 at the latest be certified carbon neutral. This is one of six goals in ALTENs climate and sustainability investment aligned with Agenda 30 and the 17 global goals for sustainable development.
ALTEN Sweden’s ambition is to have achieved climate neutrality by 2030 at the latest. This means that we will look over our operations all over Sweden with the purpose to reduce emissions which have a negative impact of the climate. Within the parts of our operations where it is not possible to become completely climate neutral, ALTEN will compensate with efforts that remove carbon dioxide in the atmosphere in other ways.
– The effects of global warming are manifold and complex.I am proud that we have taken a major step towards not being a part of the negative climate trend. As a big company in the business sector, we have big opportunities to be an important part of impact individuals in our society in a positive way by influence their behavior and way of living. Our focus going forward will be to make a sharp review of the entire business, which will involve changes in, for example, travel and work environment, says Anders Persson CEO of ALTEN Sweden. (From pressrelease 20201202)
Except for carbon neutrality, ALTEN Sweden has set following goals:
• ALTEN Sweden will by 2030 at the latest be certified carbon neutral
• ALTEN Sweden will hold seminars within the themes of environment and sustainability with at least 500 annual participants by 2030
• ALTEN Sweden will increase the use of health-promoting benefits with 100% by 2030 compared to 2020
• ALTEN Sweden will by the end of 2030 decrease work-related sick leave by 50 % compared to 2020
• ALTEN Sweden will by the end of 2021 be certified according to ISO 45001
• ALTEN Sweden will apply the tools of GRI and GHG