Personality / Commitment
This facility will be used for high throughput screening for COVID-19 screening of AstraZeneca Key Workers. Staff within this laboratory will be expected to work a shift pattern to enable 16 hours a day operation across 5 days a week – Tuesday to Saturday. Hours are 12pm-9pm or 2pm-11pm. Please apply only if you are satisfied you can accommodate these working hours.
The COVID-19 Laboratory Lead will be responsible for the day to day running of the COVID-19 screening operation, and will report to the Swedish Covid-19 Assessment Laboratory Head. Some of the hours overlaps with other appointed lab lead(s) working in other shifted pattern.
Job / Skills
Primary responsibilities include:
As a Laboratory Lead you will ensure team delivery of service in line with the predefined standard operating procedures (SOPs). You will be responsible for the planning of the daily activities, maximizing the people and equipment resources at hand. You will ensure both laboratory staff and data analysis staff have the information they need to perform their work by holding regular team meetings and conveying information from other stakeholders. You are expected to actively work in the lab as a part of the team, thereby gaining insight to everyday challenges and supporting the team in decision making.
Key Requirements for this role:
• Excellent communication skills
• Enjoys working with people in an agile environment
• Training new people
• Previous experience in planning lab work
• Previous experience in working under SOPs and local and national regulations
• Previous experience as a team leader is desirableWork in BSL1 and BSL2 lab with pervious experience of aseptic technique preferred.
• Work with human biological specimens. HepB Vaccination advised.
• Work with infectious samples, ideally experience that may contain SARS-Cov-2 would be desirable
• Attention to detail to ensure chain of custody of all samples, strictly adhering to SOPs
• Working and communicating across a fast-paced cross organisational team.
• Experience with RT-PCR data analysis would be desirable
• Experience of liquid handling automation would be desirable
ALTEN is a consulting company that develops and delivers expertise for world-leading companies with consultants in technology, IT and biochemistry. We are located in over 28 countries, have our headquarter in Paris and have more than 37 200 employees, of which 88 percent are engineers. In Sweden, we have over 1 700 employees and work from offices in twelve locations. Our clients are found in industries such as Automotive, Energy, Telecom, Industry, Aerospace & Defence and Life Science, where our consultants operate throughout the product development chain.
Welcome to read more about us at alten.se or please contact Oscar Sundell, Business Manager at Oscar.Sundell@alten.se.