Personality / Commitment
We have an exciting opportunity for 3 scientists to join Discovery Sciences’ Stem and Primary Cell Group. The roles will be focused on target innovation and hypothesis validation using NGS, cell based assays and PGE editing to support target identification and validation for projects across several therapy areas at AstraZeneca.
Job / Skills
You will be based in Gothenburg Sweden, working alongside our stem cell scientists, disease areas specialists and together with our NGS and PGE team. Using your strong knowledge and experience in cell-based assay development and/or NGS and CRISPR technology you will have the opportunity to work with cutting edge cellular models of disease. This includes culture and differentiation of induced pluripotent stem cells (iPSCs) as a platform for developing disease relevant cellular models to validate target hypothesis.
The role is focused on laboratory-based activities. Your biggest impact will be through significant contributions to the practical delivery to projects in compliance with AstraZeneca corporate responsibility, policies and relevant safety standards.
It is essential to have good social and communication skills, be collaborative and a strong team player. Candidates should be able to work independently, take own initiatives and have a positive, goal oriented and problem-solving attitude.
Good organizational, data management and documentation skills are required, and you should be comfortable in presenting your results. English language is required, both spoken and in writing.
Expertise in one or more of the following areas is essential:
• Experience in cellular assay development, independently designing, developing and validating assays for implementation in drug discovery
• Experience in iPSC culture and quality control
• Application of differentiation protocols for generation of complex stem-cell based cell models
• Hands on expertise in data generation from Next Generation Sequencing technologies (e.g. RNA-seq, DNA-seq, single cell transcriptomics, nucleic acid extractions and sequencing library preparation)
• Expertise in cell biology, molecular biology and genome editing
The following skills are highly desirable:
• Expertise with liquid handling automation technologies
• Experience of high throughput transcriptomics methods
• Experience of setting up cell based pharmacological assays
You should hold a B.Sc., M.Sc. or Ph.D. with corresponding experience in a relevant scientific discipline with experience in cell assay development.
For the Senior Research Scientist role, you should either hold a Ph.D. in Cellular Biology or a related degree or have significant relevant experience working with cell assay development.
ALTEN is a consulting company that develops and delivers expertise for world-leading companies with consultants in technology, IT and biochemistry. We are located in over 28 countries, have our headquarter in Paris and have more than 37 200 employees, of which 88 percent are engineers. In Sweden, we have over 1 700 employees and work from offices in twelve locations. Our clients are found in industries such as Automotive, Energy, Telecom, Industry, Aerospace & Defence and Life Science, where our consultants operate throughout the product development chain.
Welcome to read more about us at alten.se or please contact Oscar Sundell, Business Manager at Oscar.Sundell@alten.se.