Personality / Commitment
At AstraZeneca we win through science, it’s at the heart of our every success. That science is only possible when we all work together – we’ll always make sure you’re clear about how your role is connected to our wider mission to really show what science can do.
The NGS/Transcriptomics team is a creative group working on the development and application of nucleic acid “omics” technologies and processes to generate smart data that will enrich our understanding of drug pharmacology, target mechanisms, model systems, patients and disease., and is fully aligned with AstraZeneca’s strategy of Growth through Innovation.
This role requires significant experience in NGS laboratory practice, additionally the individual will have outstanding team working skills and a proven track record of working collaboratively to ensure scientific excellence and robust delivery to science projects.
Are you motivated by challenging the boundaries of science? Would you like to contribute directly to AZ’s strategy of growth through Innovation? Then please Join us at our R&D site in Gothenburg, Sweden.
Job / Skills
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
This role is a scientific specialist in the NGS/Transcriptomics area - a hands-on lab-based role at the forefront of NGS /Transcriptomics technology with a focus on effective delivery, troubleshooting and putting ideas into action. In this role, you will implement NGS methods tools and strategies applied to a wide range of clinical and preclinical projects across a range of diseases, species and drug modalities.
We will rely on you to:
• Have significant scientific expertise within the NGS/Transcriptomics field
• Be actively involved in the planning and execution of NGS projects
• Adopt innovative NGS/Transcriptomics processes developed by the team
• Build strong collaborative relationships with the project investigators, key stakeholders, project bioinformaticians and data scientists to ensure the smooth running of projects
• Make a meaningful contribution to the practical delivery of projects in accordance with Safety Health & Environment requirements and in compliance with all AstraZeneca Corporate responsibility policies
• Ph.D. degree or corresponding experience in a relevant scientific discipline
• Significant hands on experience with a range of Next Generation Sequencing /Transcriptomics technologies including RNA-Seq, DNA-Seq, genotyping methodologies
• This experience will cover all relevant aspects from hypothesis generation, through experimental design and execution, RNA and DNA extraction, sample and library preparation, sequencing, data handling, post sequencing QC and trouble shooting.
• Research experience in Pharma/Biotech, medical or academic institutions
• Excellent organizational and communication skills.
• A track record of peer-reviewed high-quality publications and scientific presentations
• A proven understanding of statistics, quantitative data analysis, data mining and knowledge of LIMS systems
ALTEN is a consulting company that develops and delivers expertise for world-leading companies with consultants in technology, IT and biochemistry. We are located in over 28 countries, have our headquarter in Paris and have more than 37 200 employees, of which 88 percent are engineers. In Sweden, we have over 1 700 employees and work from offices in twelve locations. Our clients are found in industries such as Automotive, Energy, Telecom, Industry, Aerospace & Defence and Life Science, where our consultants operate throughout the product development chain.
Welcome to read more about us at alten.se or please contact Oscar Sundell, Business Manager at Oscar.Sundell@alten.se.