Personality / Commitment
AstraZeneca is a major international healthcare business engaged in the research, development, manufacture and marketing of prescription pharmaceuticals and the supply of healthcare services. AstraZeneca is proud to offer a unique workplace culture that inspires innovation and collaboration. Co-workers are empowered to express diverse perspectives - and are made to feel valued, energized and rewarded for their ideas and creativity.
Do you have experience within analytical and biophysical characterization of biomolecules and enjoy working in the lab? Are you interested in working with a broad array of molecules and analytical techniques in the pharmaceutical product development area? We are looking for you that are an analytical chemist with experience of biomolecule characterization and working according to Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP).
AstraZeneca is now seeking two Analytical Scientists to join our New Modality CMC Analytics team within the Advanced Drug Delivery (ADD) function that is part of Pharmaceutical Sciences at AstraZeneca in Gothenburg, Sweden.
At AstraZeneca we turn ideas into life changing medicines and strive to continuously meet the unmet needs of patients worldwide. Working here means being entrepreneurial, thinking big, and working together to make the impossible a reality. If you are swift to action, confident to lead, willing to collaborate, and curious about what science can do, then you’re our kind of person.
Pharmaceutical Sciences at AstraZeneca delivers the therapies of the future through scientific leadership in drug delivery, design of synthetic routes, and manufacturing of Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients (API) and drug products. Our portfolio of projects spans traditional small molecules, peptides, oligonucleotides to RNA based therapeutics across AstraZeneca’s therapy areas. Advanced Drug Delivery (ADD) resides within Pharmaceutical Sciences with a mission to provide novel products to AstraZeneca’s clinical pipeline.
Job / Skills
As a Scientist working in the clinical development phase within ADD you will support drug projects from an analytical perspective, from candidate drug nomination over Phase 2 clinical trials. You will focus on characterization of various molecules, primarily oligonucleotides, using several different analytical techniques. The role covers development and validation of analytical methods, stability studies, release analysis, and other type of analytical support to drug projects. Part of the work is performed according to GMP. You will work as a member of cross-functional pharmaceutical project teams and in close collaboration with other analysts, formulators, chemists and biologists at AstraZeneca in Sweden, UK and US.
Preferably, you should be experienced in analytical and biophysical characterization of biomolecules as well as working in pharmaceutical development, including working according to GMP. You should possess an enthusiasm for laboratory-based work, be flexible and have a problem-solving mind-set.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Give analytical support to drug development projects, such as stability studies, release analysis and other supportive characterization experiments, using techniques like UV spectrophotometry, LC-UV/MS and liquid particle counting.
- Development and validation of analytical methods.
- Generate, evaluate and report data clearly and reliably.
- Prepare documentation and formal reports in accordance with current standard procedures and where appropriate, according to GMP standard.
- Give analytical support to scientific initiatives on new technologies/processes together with specialists and/or technology networks.
- Working as a member of cross-functional drug development project teams.
- MSc degree in a relevant scientific discipline (e.g., Analytical Chemistry, Biochemistry or Biotechnology).
- In-depth knowledge of analytical methodologies such as chromatography, mass spectrometry and biophysical characterization techniques.
- Thorough understanding of principles and applications of Good Manufacturing and Laboratory Practices (GMP/GLP).
- Ability to communicate in English both orally and in writing.
- 3+ years of industrial experience of analytical work with biomolecules in clinical drug development phase.
- Qualified to execute analytical work according to GMP.
- An interest in exploratory analytical work related to complex molecules and new technologies.
What we offer you at ALTEN
Every employee is equally valuable in the success of ALTEN! We are driven by making people grow and develop, which is why we offer you the opportunity to work with what you are truly passionate about. At ALTEN, we have a broad range of assignments at most of the leading companies in Sweden in several different sectors, to make it possible for your wishes to come true. We offer both national and international opportunities and together with your coaching manager, you build your career path so you constantly are able to develop and achieve your goals and dreams!
As a consultant at ALTEN, you will get the genuine team feeling at your assignment but also a wonderful togetherness at ALTEN. Through our different internal networks, such as ALTEN Sports, Women@ALTEN and ALTEN Innovation you will get the opportunity to drive topics and activities that are close to your heart, together with your colleagues. All activities are of course optional. Work life balance is our top priority. We also have a collective agreement and other benefits like Pension, Insurances and Wellness grants.
We believe in growing together!