Personality / Commitment
The Practice Lead for ALTEN IT Sweden will be a thought-leader who is actively contributing to the technical development of the IT consulting business in Sweden.
The successful candidate will be a hands-on and participative individual who is passionate about tech. The candidate will be part of the Technical Direction IT unit with members leading the ALTEN IT Sweden development and objectives within technology. The unit forms the offering, drives the service areas, lead the competence networks, oversees delivery, and drive the complex business development driving the growth together with the business management organization. Reporting line will be to the Division Director of ALTEN IT Sweden.
Successful candidates must show a positive and proactive leadership style and must have the ability to interact collaboratively with management, colleagues, and staff to carry out the following main activities:
Technical Direction for IT Sweden at the division level including:
Presales and Business Development
- Participation in the internal bid process including qualification and strategic orientation of tenders
- Responsibility for opportunity cost estimation and technical offer
- Support in negotiations with the customers
- Participation in kick-offs together with client to ensure successful handover to delivery
- Support Business Management with development of client account plans
- Participate in work on securing new frame agreements with prioritized clients
- Lead/participation in presales activities towards customers
Service Area Development and Competence Networks
- Development and management of 1-2 technical partnerships at country level
- Management and ongoing development of 1-2 offerings and 2-3 service areas constituting part of the ALTEN IT Sweden portfolio
- Own direction of 2-3 competence networks providing the structure to successfully engage consultants in their functional domains. Competence networks will be aligned with the service areas
- Management of the competence networks resources and budgets, ensuring appropriate competence network resource availability for ALTEN to deliver its goals and growth targets
- Support in developing processes and strategic plans together with other business entities at ALTEN
- Manage the area of competence and share knowledge with other ALTEN managers within the area
Collaboration and synergies
- Co-operation with the Perimeter (International 1) Practice Leads learning from things well-done in other parts of ALTEN
- Support to the Enterprise Services group-wide initiatives
- Working on business synergy with all ALTEN’s entities
Job / Skills
As the role are part of a division with national responsibility, we are flexible in terms of location for the position and are open to hire someone who can work from our office in either Gothenburg, Stockholm, Linköping, Västerås, Örebro or Lund.
- Bachelors or Masters Degree in computer science/ electronics engineering / information systems or similar discipline preferred
- 8+ years of relevant and proven IT consulting or software engineering experience
- Knowledge of the Enterprise IT Services market, and main technologies and concepts
- Exposure to the IT consulting business either as a consultant or manager
- Exposure to project management or product ownership
- Solid experience in designing application solutions for reliability, scalability, manageability and business continuity
- Strong knowledge of main development environments/ languages as well database frameworks/ tools and testing practices
- Broad exposure different software development methodologies, with in-depth experience of Agile Processes
- Successful experience as Delivery Manager, Technical Manager or Service Manager is beneficial
- Fluent in English and Swedish
At ALTEN we develop and deliver competence for world-leading companies through the most committed engineering and IT consultants. Our customers are found in industries such as Energy, Telecom, Automotive, Defence & Aerospace, Life Science and Industry and we are active throughout the whole product lifecycle. As part of the ALTEN Group, we have over 37,000 employees and operations in more than 25 countries. As one of the leading consultancy companies in Europe, we can offer you a modern and international company culture. We have an open company mindset with friendly staff, regular personalized feedback, a pragmatic working environment and reachable management.
We welcome your application as soon as possible as we will make a running selection for this process. For questions regarding the position or the process, please contact Talent Acquisition & Development Partner: Kevin.Jakobsson@alten.se We look forward to receiving your application.