Personality / Commitment
At ALTEN we develop and deliver competence for world-leading companies in industries such as Energy, Telecom, Automotive, Defence & Aerospace, Life Science and Industry, where we are active throughout the whole product lifecycle. As part of the ALTEN Group, we have over 37,000 employees and operations in more than 28 countries.
As one of the leading consultancy companies in Europe, we can offer you a modern and international company culture. We have an open company mindset with friendly staff, regular personalized feedback, a pragmatic working environment and reachable management.
ALTEN is looking for a talented and highly motivated junior Legal Counsel to support our rapidly growing and evolving businesses in Sweden to our head quarter in Gothenburg!
As a junior Legal Counsel you will be a part of ALTEN’s legal department, and you will be reporting to the legal manager. You will support the business managers and the co-workers within the company and its subsidiaries in a variety of legal matters, working independently as well as co-operating with the legal manager.
There are many opportunities to be involved in different exciting projects. We are offering a great opportunity to work for a multi international company and be a part of the ALTEN group’s team of international lawyers.
You should be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment with broad, generalist responsibilities, but with specialist legal subject skills in commercial law, corporate law and labor law. You will be responsible for counseling the business operations in Sweden, by giving pro-active, professional, competent, effective legal support. You'll need to bring negotiation and drafting skills and business sense to deal with multiple functional teams in a rapidly scaling business. You will collaborate with regional, local and corporate business leaders as well as with supporting areas (Finance, Admin, Accounting & HR) advising on legal risks, business strategies and other issues related to the company’s businesses.
Job / Skills
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
As a junior Legal Counsel, you will:
- draft and review commercial contracts and other business documents with suppliers and customers such as purchase agreements, non-disclosure agreements and consultancy agreements – (under the supervision of the legal manager)
- support the daily business and legal manager in all kinds of legal matters
- be responsible for the company’s compliance of GDPR and reporting to ALTEN Group’s DPO in Paris
- advise on general business law issues and manage them operationally
- work in close cooperation with the legal manager and other colleagues from the legal department internationally
- deal with complex matters with different stakeholders across the organization
WHO WE THINK YOU ARE
We believe that you are a team player with an open and business-oriented mindset while at the same time having excellent legal analytical skills. You are problem solver with a pragmatic approach and you like to work in a fast-paced environment. Further, you have an eye for detail, a proactive approach, and the ability to meet commitments and deadlines.
You should have:
- A Swedish university degree in commercial law (L.L.M or similar)
- 2-3 years’ work experience in providing legal advice on a wide variety of legal matters among which commercial and corporate law topics, ideally within an in-house/corporate environment or a law firm
- Knowledge about GDPR
- Strong negotiation skills
- Strong research and writing skills
- Great communication skills
- Fluent in Swedish and English
HOW TO APPLY
We welcome your application and CV as soon as possible as we will make a running selection for this process, but no later than October 22. For questions regarding the position or the process, please contact Talent Acquisition & Development Manager Fanny Strömberg: firstname.lastname@example.org
We politely decline all staffing agencies, recruitment agencies and vendors of job ads.
We look forward to receiving your application!