Principal Statistician to AstraZeneca in Gothenburg
Personality / Commitment
ALTEN Pharma is searching for a Statistician for a consultancy assignment at AstraZeneca in Gothenburg.
Biometrics & Information Sciences (B&I) is the home of late stage drug development biometrics activity at AstraZeneca and consists of experts in statistics, programming, informatics and information science . B&I drive good design and standards to generate the data needed for quality decision making on AstraZeneca's drug development projects as well as ensuring high quality regulatory submissions.
Job / Skills
You will lead the strategic, statistical thinking and contributions to the Development Plans, Regulatory Strategy, Health Technology Assessment and Commercial Presentation for indications/projects within an AZ product team. The role is a Leadership role able to lead and direct elements of project work and accountable for the statistical work within the project reporting to a Senior Statistical Science Director.
Your main tasks will be:
- Leadership to statistical staff on the indications/projects so that all work is carried out with regards to AZ standards and external regulations
- Through partnership with experts, developing design options and providing high quality decision support to enable the business to make informed decisions
- Quantifying the benefit, risk, value and uncertainty of the emerging product profile.
- Holding CRO/Partners accountable for the high quality standards of their deliverables;
- Represent AZ and Statistics to Health Authorities and Reimbursement/Payer Organizations for specific projects/indications;
- Application of expert skills to investigate, apply novel statistical approaches, for relevant statistical issues and/or regulatory guidance and/or value demonstration.
- Mentor/coach and support the education and training of Statistics staff in the technical arena.
- Leadership Capabilities @ Level 2/3
- MSc/PhD in Statistics or Mathematics(containing a substantial statistical component) with experience in pharma/healthcare or other relevant area
- Knowledge of the technical and regulatory requirements related to the role
- Experience of Development, program design and data analysis and interpretation
- Experience of regulatory interactions and/or submissions
- Excellent communication skills and ability to build strong relationships
- Experience from the pharmaceutical industry
- Experience from working with databases
- Knowledge in other programming languages (e.g., S-PLUS, R, etc.)
- Collaboration required - needs the energy to work across global & functional boundaries both internally and externally
- Ability to apply statistical expertise to complex problems, problem solving and quality focus.
For over 20 years, ALTEN has developed its business by keeping to the core values that have built up the company's success. Every year, hundreds of ALTEN consultants have been given the opportunity to embark on challenging technical projects for our customers. ALTEN has a tradition of developing products in many areas, and history in Sweden is based primarily on skills in mechanics, software and electronics. Thanks to a successful concept in which we utilize the expertise of experienced consultants and develop young abilities towards a successful career, we have gained ground in many industries. Our Pharma initiative is based on the same successful concept with the same strong structure, but in a new exciting industry and a new field of expertise that includes knowledge in chemistry, biotechnology and biomedicine.
As an employee at ALTEN, we offer you a competitive salary based on your performance and work experience. You also have the opportunity to influence your assignments, different benefits and your overall working environment as well as choose your career path. We offer a wide range of internal trainings and an opportunity to plan for an international career. It is our conviction that genuine commitment is created through choice and the ability to influence your own personal development - our business model provides that opportunity. This freedom of choice enables us to offer our clients the most committed consultants, regardless of assignments. At ALTEN, we believe in growing together!
For questions about the position, please contact Rickard Westergren, Business Manager Pharma, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ansökningstiden : 21/05/2018
Kontakt : Antonia Reimers
Region : Sweden - Västra Götaland - Gothenburg | Sweden - Västra Götaland - Gothenburg
Tyvärr har sista ansökningsdatum för denna tjänst passerat. Men vi har många andra lediga tjänster tillgängliga. Läs mer om våra senaste jobberbjudanden på förstasidan!